Friday, August 19, 2011

Why are you panicking? I can feel it. The tension and confusion rumbling through your ever spinning mind. Where did it come from? So sudden and seeping. Overpowering slowly, the intensity making everything worse. Knowing that it won't get better yet. When did this begin? How much longer do you have to go?
Sometimes are you so afraid?

I am. I don't even know why most of the time. It arrives and the world has become too big. And I, I have become far too small. The light is garish and the walls are cold. I am no longer a tree, I am a weed, about to be pulled. I am no longer a sunflower, I am a violet. Tiny, about to be stepped on. Washed out purple instead of ginormous brilliant yellow. Where am I? Where have I gone?

Maybe I'll sleep now, and maybe tomorrow you'll be back, and I'll be back. We'll be back. "It will be okay, everything will be okay." I don't know who I'm trying to reassure anymore. Maybe both of us and maybe neither. I am saying nothing. I am disappearing. Someone see me! Someone really, truly see me!

Tonight I pray that this panic subsides and once again, we are found.

No comments:

Post a Comment