Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Points to Pain


Significance creates simplicity.
A continuation of falling words, falling thoughts, falling hopes, falling dreams
Catch them, will you? Hold them, can you?

The feeling that these complex situations will soon disappear
They saw that I belonged
They thought I was connected

When was the last time this was true?
Could you understand this deep loneliness?
Do you see that I can’t ever be whole?

I’ll be broken with you
We can be torn apart together
Damages and heartaches
The spaces between the pieces of a fractured life

Take the paint and fill them in
Piece by piece
Until it looks whole once again
Until the fractures have melded together

Be my reality?
Be my understanding?
“Why can’t I be that for you?”
That’s what you asked me

I’m scared of this jump
Even though I love the fall
I’m scared of that first step
Where everything points to pain in the end

No comments:

Post a Comment