Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Vices

I use up my joy by giving it away.

Handing energy out to people
who have none to give back.
Hoping they keep it for a little while. 

Too many people prefer me sad.
When I'm happy,
really happy,
I dive full force into the world.

Unashamed,
Unafraid.

It frightens people,
that level of joy.
They would rather me be smaller,
more contained.

I don't want these virtues.
They've never done me any good.
Humility,
Selflessness,
Self-control.
Take them back.

Give me a pride that won't be tamed.
Let me take what I want with abandon.
Open the cage door, set me free.

But oh,
they won't like me that way.
Too much,
too loud,
too bright.
They'll try to shove me back down.
As they have before.

Well,
f*** you all,
I'm done with virtue.
Let's see how these vices play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment