Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cars aren't Contagious

I.
Cars aren't contagious
But if they were,
I'd want you to send yours
To where I am

I'd want it infected,
With everything that ails you
And everything
That you have been cured from

Fill it with all you hate
And all you love
And send it across these two thousand miles

Cars aren't contagious
So mine wont hurt you
When it comes to find you
So very far away

You'll need it
While I go through yours
And study
Everything you have felt

I'll fill mine with joy
And laughter
And hope to fill the time while I'm away

Can you record
All that you have seen
In this car of yours?

And I will play it
On repeat
As I go through the days

While I lay in bed
Filled with the contagiousness of you
And watch your world
Dive slowly by


II.
Cars aren't contagious
But I've found,
That you have infected me
With all that you are

You have completely 
Invaded my heart and soul
Like a virus
That can't be cured

You fill my waking thoughts
And dreams
With images of you

Cars aren't contagious
So I'm surprised,
When I grow sicker
Day by day

Life could be
So much easier in every way
If you were here
With me everyday

So I'll fill my time
And life
With waiting for you

Can you drive
Faster than you ever have
To meet me here?

And I will keep you
Here with me
For the rest of time

While we live
Filled with unending love
And see the world
Go driving by

No comments:

Post a Comment