Wednesday, August 8, 2012

From Planes and Trains and Buses

I am swimming in that place between grief and joy. The waves of sorrow crashing onto the shores of excitement. I am trying to catch one in, be pushed onto the shore before this sorrow overcomes me and I sink and sink until all I see is sorrow. But I don't want to travel so far that I forget the land I have swum from. Can I keep the excitement, remember the sorrow, but not feel the sorrow? How do I build a house close enough to see the waves, yet far enough to feel no pain? Where can I place my roots so that they can still travel far, without leaving where they've been? Can the past and future collide into a perfect present? I make it to the shore and walk away from the tumultuous surf. Where will I go now? For I know I cannot always stay on this sand. This excitement will not always remain. And someday I will head back out into the sea, through sorrow, to find the next joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment