Thursday, August 9, 2012

Of Fifty Years


I remember the days
When you cut it twice
And it was still too short

Those fingers that have been hacked
And sawed
And bruised
They created beauty

If all weddings
And wishes
Continued on together

I remember the days
Cooking together
Side by side in the kitchen

Those dishes that have been envisioned
And perfected
And served
They create a family

If all of us tried
And triumphed
Over our shortcomings

I remember breakfast
Always on the table
And a good book
Always within reach

I remember digging in the sand
Time draining with every shell
And sailing on the sea
Time fleeing with the sun

Memories
Grouping together
Forming a picture

Focusing all the pieces
To the center
Of fifty years
Together

To my dear Grandparents who have been married for fifty years. I hope someday I can say the same. I love you both so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment