Sunday, August 26, 2012

Disjointed


I cannot write
Coherent thoughts
As my heart breaks for you
While you sit there
So alone

Let me in
Let me in
It doesn’t have to be this way.

I know you don’t believe
That these good things can come true
But there is so much possibility
So much life to dream

All I want to do
Is reach out and touch you
And I can’t

Come closer
To where
Our hearts can meet

No one deserves
To feel like this
No one should have
This much pain

If I could,
I would take it
All away

Can I give back all
That has been taken from you?
Will you let me in?

I know where your worth comes from
It’s from your soul
And your depth
And your honesty
And your inherent goodness

Let me help you
Pick up
All those pieces

This is not a poem
This is not a song
This is my heart
Disjointed for you

No comments:

Post a Comment